Here’s a quick look at a book I just found out about and have yet to read called DisneyWar. The Wikipedia page describes it as “an exposé of Michael Eisner‘s 20-year tenure as Chairman and CEO at The Walt Disney Company“, and goes on to list some of the fascinating (and incriminating) stories that have occured during his time in power.
- A creative clash between traditional animation and creating films using computer animation.
- The financial & logistical vs. creative struggles that Who Framed Roger Rabbit underwent
- Eisner attempting to shut down the first Pirates of the Caribbean movie.
- Hilary Duff‘s decision to quit the Disney Channel because of low salary.
- Pixar‘s decision not to renew its relationship with Disney.
- Financing of the film Fahrenheit 9/11.
Can;t wait to read this book. It sounds awesome. 😀